Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Adventure of the Mohawk.



The thrill of spontaneity.

The welcomed breath of fresh air called change.

The countless reactions.

The guilty pleasure of being someone I'm not for a day.

The fact that I could actually pull one off.

Sleep Deprivation.

...I don't know what reasons combined to actually make me do it, but it
made for one really fun day. It was friday night, and I arrived home at
1:50 a.m after a fun date. I walked inside and began my nightly routine.
Remove shoes for stealthy entrance. Fumble in the dark towards my
room. Lamp on. Favorite warm PJ's on. Brush teeth. Stare at myself in
the mirror. Come on, who doesn't. Then it hit me. I need a massive
Mohawk in my hair right now. GENIUS! Yes I do compliment myself.
So when I should have been asleep, dreaming of missionary haircuts
and mothers who want to be seen in public with me, I was hastily
setting up shop to transform from awesome to awesomer. Yes it's
possible. I was all shaved, shampoo'd, and in bed by 2:30.
I laughed myself to sleep.
Saturday morning, I got up and joined the family downstairs. Yes I
live at home. Thank you. After saying a rather nonchalant
"Good morning" and scraping my parent's brains off the wall, I
ate breakfast. After that, the day just blurred by.
Getting an expected earful from my mother.

Hiding (per request of Paula) from her visiting teachers.

Greeting Claire's date for Sweetheart's at the door.

Going to Kohler's for some chips.

Jazz game with Erin and Rob.

The next morning I woke up early and shaved it off. After all, I had to
teach in Elder's Quorum and I never would have heard the end of it.
It was a short-lived look. It was fun. I have
a feeling I'll see it again....

2 comments:

jane mckinlay cluff said...

I LOVE it. I wish I could have seen it in person. you are so cOOl. I can't get over it. "Yeah he's my brother."

Spencer Morse said...

I bet Paula could have died!