Monday, August 17, 2009

Feline from Hell


From day one, I have hated my roommate's cat. Nike is her name. Like the shoe. This cat isn't even cute. It's one of those brown-with-black nasty fur "looks like you just pulled it out of the garbage disposal" kind of cats. She's OWNS this apartment. From the moment you walk in, the smell that violates your nostrils is evidence. Then there's the framed pictures that grace her smug little whiskered face with rhinestones and the word "Princess". Then there's the litter box in the kitchen.
There is cat hair on EVERYTHING. You want to sit on the couch and watch T.V? you get a nice dose of hair with that. How about dinner at the kitchen table? There's a nice serving of hair on that too. How about getting out of the shower with wet feet? YEP there's cat hair stuck to the bottom of your trompers now. SO there is a STRICT rule that is enforced around the clock: NO CATS ALLOWED in John's room. And she can't STAND it. I kid you not, I have been woken up at 4 a.m. because she will sit there and paw at my door and sound like she's dying. If i'm sitting in the front room, she'll scamper back to see if my door is open, and lean against it trying to get in. I left it open ONCE and I found her laying on my clean laundry. Heck no.
So if I get up from my spot on the couch to get something, she'll scurry over and lounge there. She'll look up at me with a look like, "....WHAT." Then when my roommate is sitting in the room, she'll come rub ALL over my legs because she knows I won't do anything. I honestly think this cat is demonic. So being the mature responsible adult that I am, right as i'm leaving, i'll say, "Hey you wanna go outside? come on! come on!" she usually BOLTS for the door and I just slam it in her face before she can get out. Then I'll laugh all the way to the car. You think I've got problems? Well the cat started it.

4 comments:

Erin Axson said...

bwahh ha ha ha! Thanks for the morning laugh brother. stupid cat.

jane mckinlay cluff said...

I love it. I couldn't help but laugh though the entire read thanks.

Anonymous said...

John,
Watch your "phrase-ology"! You should keep a daily journal.
Love, your ( who believes all animals should be kept outside) mumzy

Heather said...

haha! I HATE cats. Amazing blog. Keep it up!