Thursday, August 27, 2009

This week in photos...

It's ironic that in the "calm before the storm" you never feel calm... Atleast I didn't seeing this blow towards me.


I can now add another chore to my job description: Airline Mechanic. I had to stay late tonight to help Wayne fix a bad starter in the Great Lakes airliner. It took HOURS. We pulled the tail cone off and switched the spare starter from there with the starter in the right engine. We FINALLY got everything put back together, avoided touching anything clean with our hands, and had the pilots come out to test the new starter. It didn't work. It was dark now and if wayne had been a flower, you could have watched him physically wilt on the spot. So frustrating!






Matt and I flew down to Hettinger ND (which is pronounced HET-n-gur) a little airport with barely a hint of life; like the airport manager walking out of his trailer to greet us, and his wife screaming at the dog and offering us coffee. I saw this metal sign and laughed myself silly thinking about Brian Regan saying this with his crazy face. hahaha



PROOF that Aliens.... irrigate? ...weird.



I'm a hopeless romantic when it comes to flying. I feel that not only is it liberating and exciting, but it's an ART. I think there's art in every element of flying. From capturing the emotions of anyone who experiences it, to every line and rivet of an airplane. I love taking pictures like these, and feel they are worthy of framing. Not because of photographic logistics, like lighting, subject placement, contrast, and overall relevance. But because you don't see the full picture. ...and there's the BEAUTY of it... when you're tasting flight, inside looking OUT, that's when you see the full picture. These remind me of the view.







1 comment:

jane mckinlay cluff said...

we (your sisters) love this post I love the pictures toward the bottom were my favorite and MUM Love the whole thing all together. We love you so much